Tuesday, July 27, 2010

life list #155: make fresh-squeezed lemonade

#155 off The Life List. Check!
peach lemonade
fresh-squeezed lemonade
I first made strawberry lemonade in June - I found a recipe that was so good I had to hold myself back from sucking down the whole pitcher in one sitting. Then I made it again...and doubled the recipe. Still delicious.  A few day ago, I tweaked the recipe to make peach lemonade. Fantastic!
2010_06_08
peach lemonade

Fresh squeezed is definitely the way to go, and I think making my own lemonade will become a summer tradition around here.  I'm also fascinated by the resulting pile of just squeezed lemon pucks:
fresh-squeezed lemonade
Note: After the 4th of July, I had a leftover watermelon sitting around and tried to make watermelon lemonade. That was a bad idea.  Now, I've never been a huge fan of watermelon (unless it's spiked with vodka), so I may not be the best judge, but I don't think watermelon belongs in lemonade.  The taste reminds me of a rotten pumpkin.

2010_06_19
In summary:

Strawberry Lemonade:  Delicious!
Peach Lemonade: Delicious!
Watermelon Lemonade:  Foul.

Next up: Raspberry, Blueberry, or Strawberry-Peach.

No comments: