Tuesday, September 20, 2011

ambitious august!

ambitious august!
No wonder August flew by so fast - I spent most of it in the kitchen!

Last July, I went on a cooking spree and tried out 24 new recipes. So this August, when I realized I was nearing my previous record, I knew I had to beat it  - even if it meant laboring over an Indian feast that didn't make it to the table until 10 pm the day before we were to leave on our West Virginia trip. Was I exhausted? Yes. Did I beat my previous record? You bet - the new number to beat is 26:

 1.  Cornmeal and Ricotta Waffles
 2.  Baptist Church Fried Chicken
 3.  Chipotle Ketchup
 4.  Steak Fries
 5.  Tomato Pie
 6.  Lamb Sfeehas
 7.  Cheese Beoreg
 8.  Raspberry Clafoutis
 9.  Sweet Potato Fries
10. Blackberry Compote (for pork)
11. Fried Pies (both raspberry and blackberry)
12. Raspberry Buckle
13. Peaches and Cream Galette
14. Biscuit Bread
15. Kickin' Chipotle Fried Chicken Tenders
16. Peach Donkey
17. Spice-Rubbed Chicken and Vegetable Tacos with Chipotle Sour Cream
18. Raspberry-Banana Bread and Chocolate Chip Raspberry-Banana Bread
19. Hummus
20. Dukkah-Crusted Lamb Chops with Pomegranate Molasses
21. Egyptian Koshary
22. Prosciutto and Brie Sandwiches with Rosemary-Fig Confit
23. Blueberry Buttermilk Tart
24. Curried Lamb Samosas
25. Apricot Chutney
26. Rava Dosas with Potato Chickpea Masala

Whew! What a delicious month. (For the record I'm sitting September out and surviving on oatmeal and pretzels.)

Pies, pies, pies! Both savory and sweet:
tomato pie + runny egg
Tomato Pie (topped with a runny egg for breakfast).

peaches & cream galette
Peaches and Cream Galette.

What we were eating and cooking this month: fried food (the love affair continues) - especially fried chicken, breakfast for dinner, fruit - especially fresh-picked berries, pies, fancy cheeses, and lots of ethnic foods, including LebaneseEgyptian, and Indian meals.

1 comment:

Lauren Drugan said...

You're my hero. For serious.