Wednesday, October 5, 2011

ostriches, dodos, owls & fishes - oh my!

I'm Such a Dodo
One of my goals for my shop this year was to find a way to reproduce original art and illustrations. I've wanted to sell some work other than printmaking (and to be honest, I've found myself veering away from printmaking these past few months and interested in exploring other media), but I wasn't sure how to go about doing it.

I knew I wanted any reproductions to be professional quality and archival - not something printed on my home printer (which, despite being a supposed high-quality Epson, I find myself constantly wanting to hit with a hammer. Office equipment and me are not friends.) So I had fine art prints printed by a professional giclee printer and I'm in love. The colors are vibrant, the prints are exceptionally crisp, and the Somerset Velvet paper is gorgeous (it feels like thick watercolor paper). I feel myself drawn to illustration lately and am excited to have a beautiful way to reproduce and sell my prints.
Ostrich Wearing Cowboy Boots
Hoot Owl

You Big Fish!

I have four new prints available in my shop, based on original hand drawn illustrations I did earlier this year. They're all 8"x10", signed, and fit in a standard frame or mat:

In other shop news, this Saturday, October 8, my shop will be at the Ballston Arts & Crafts Market in Arlington from 10-4. Stop by and do some holiday shopping - there will be lots of awesome vendors selling handmade goods. And don't forget to stop by my tent to say hi! (I'll be in booth #6.)

2 comments:

Lauren Drugan said...

Rachel, these prints are amazing! I was planning to come cheer for you at Ballston this weekend... and then Mike reminded me that we're going camping. D'oh. Next one!

Funnelcloud Rachel said...

Aww - thanks, Lauren! Have a great time camping!