Thursday, May 24, 2012

coming soon: vienna artisans' alley + fairfax fall festival


I'm so happy to announce that Funnelcloud Studio will be at two more art market events - one of them this coming weekend!

First up - Vienna Artisans' Alley. A group of small business owners will be setting up a pop-up art market in the parking lot of Caffe Amouri in Vienna on Sunday, May 27th. You will find some awesome things for sale from local small businesses including healthy snacks from New Family Naturals (seriously, have you tried Toya's kale chips and flax crackers yet?) and eco-friendly detergents, soaps, (and bath bombs, yes!) from Old Town Suds. I am friends with the owners of both of these shops, and trust me, you don't want to miss the chance to meet Toya and Steffanie and try out their products. There will be several other artists selling their wares (including me) and I hear there will be music, too! While you're at it, pop into Caffe Amouri for a cup of coffee or hot chocolate and a snack. You may know from this blog that I am not a coffee drinker, but I still love Caffe Amouri for the hot chocolate and ambiance. (And coffee drinkers tell me this is the best coffee in the area!) This event is going on at the same time as ViVa Vienna, so, while we are not affiliated with that street festival, there should be plenty more to see and do on Church Street that day!

Second up - Fairfax Fall Festival. This one is way off in October, which in my opinion is a great time of year for an art market. There will be food, rides, entertainment, and 400 artisans selling their wares - including Funnelcloud Studio.

So mark those calendars and come out to say hi:

May 27 - Vienna Artisans' Alley at Caffe Amouri (Vienna, VA)
October 13 - Fairfax Fall Festival (Fairfax, VA)

P.S. See all my upcoming shows here.

No comments: