Thursday, June 7, 2012

birthday boy

birthday boy
Happy Birthday to my boy!

I had grand plans to get up early so we could spend the morning together and eat cake for breakfast. What actually happened is that I woke up sick as a dog. My throat feels like I swallowed shards of glass and my voice sounds like I just smoked a carton of cigarettes.

Sadly, the cake is still in the fridge and I had to cancel our reservations for a fancy celebratory dinner tonight. I managed to drag myself out of bed to see Larry off to work and snapped a couple photos of him in his new (first ever) PINK shirt and PINK tie. I think he looks so handsome (but I liked the above photo of him making a funny face the best)!

I'm so so sad to have wrecked Larry's birthday plans. He's really understanding about it, but I'm disappointed and mad at myself. (Seriously, who gets sick in June?!)  Larry will go to happy hour without me and we'll reschedule our dinner date and eat cake later tonight. But for now I'm heading back to bed.

Happy Birthday, Larry! I love you.

P.S. I can't believe it's been a whole year since the 40 cards project!

2 comments:

Lauren Drugan said...

Don't feel bad - it's not like you can control being sick! Feel better:)

Also: HAPPY BIRTHDAY LARRY! He does look quite dashing in the pink shirt :)

Larry said...

Thanks Rach. Still a great day. Thanks for gifts and the love Sorry that you're sick. I love you too.