Thursday, December 27, 2012

scenes from christmas eve 2012

christmas eve 2012
Last year, Larry and I hosted a small Christmas Eve dinner at our house. This year it was even smaller: just the two of us. (And the pups, of course.) We continued our new tradition of eating comfort food on Christmas Eve - Larry cooked up our favorite Beef and Vegetable Pot Pie recipe while I started on the Christmas baking.

The best chocolate crinkle cookies:
christmas eve 2012
christmas eve 2012
christmas eve 2012
christmas eve 2012
christmas eve 2012
We lit some candles, ate dinner, and drank some beers. I cursed at my failed pie crust. We drank some more beers and hung out by the glowing tree. We snuggled some puppies. We pretended our fireplace wasn't broken.
christmas eve 2012
christmas eve 2012
Larry tried to convince me we should open all our Christmas presents early. I resisted. I cursed at the pie again. We drank some more beers...
christmas eve 2012
christmas eve 2012
And then it was 4 am.

So we opened our presents:
christmas eve 2012
And it was awesome:
christmas eve 2012
Also, Larry and I are clearly the perfect match. On the left: Larry's gift to me. On the right: My gift to Larry:
christmas eve 2012
(Either that, or we are equally despicable.)
christmas eve 2012
We went to bed happy and even better - got to sleep in on Christmas morning! Perfect.

No comments: